Dealing With Dry Skin
Changes in climate, harsh soaps and detergents, excessive bathing, some medications, and even the skin's natural aging process can all lead to dry, itchy skin. Though unpleasant, dry skin can be dealt with. The following recommendations may help:
- Drink lots of water
- Switch to a mild, non-irritating soap such as Oil of Olay™ or Dove™
- Limit soap use to essential areas only
- Avoid excessive or overly hot showers or baths
- Use a moisturizer twice a day, especially after bathing. Dr. Berlin offers special moisturizers in his office for patients who suffer from this condition.
- Still struggling with dry skin? It may be time to see a dermatologist.
- Contact our office at (561) 739-5252 to schedule an appointment.